Age is just a number … until it isn’t.
We all want to believe that we will
remain healthy into old age
but sometimes that just doesn’t happen.
In the last decade, the average age of the people we serve has decreased and we are seeing dementia and other chronic illness in people as young as 52.
At the Eldercare Foundation we don’t discriminate; we embrace aging no matter what the number. Whether you are 52 with dementia or need care at 105, aging can take away so much.
Your donation to the Eldercare Foundation funds community programs and education to help people stay in their own homes longer, it funds therapy programs, equipment and home-like enhancements for extended care residents and gives back dignity and happiness.
SOME OF OUR ‘WISH LIST’ ITEMS BY THE NUMBERS
IN RESIDENTIAL CARE
(Supporting: Glengarry, Aberdeen, Mt. Tolmie, Priory, Heritage Woods and Oak Bay Lodge Extended Care Facilities)
- $65 pays for 1 hour of Animal Assisted Therapy
- $75 pays for 1 hour of Dance Movement Therapy
- $85 buys one pair of hip protector pants for extended care residents at risk of falling
- $1,100 buys a therapeutic mattress to prevent bed sores
- $3,000 buys a state-of-the-art electric bed for extended care residents
- $5,000 buys a new gazebo for the Priory Hospital’s visiting garden
- $10,000 buys a Motomed exercise bike so wheelchair-bound residents can gain strength and mobility
IN THE COMMUNITY
(Supporting: Piercy Respite Hotel, Yakimovich Wellness Centre, West Shore Adult Day Program, Mobile Adult Day Program (Sooke & Metchosin), Oak Bay Lodge Adult Day Program, West Shore and Victoria Community Bathing Programs, and the SAFE Lifeline Program for low-income, at-risk seniors through Island Health Home and Community Care South Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands)
- $50 pays for 1 hour of Music Therapy for respite hotel guests or extended care residents
- $500 provides SAFE Lifeline to 1 person for a year so they can live in their own home longer
- $900 buys a specialized mesh chair for comfort and safety in both the community bathing program and in residential care
Give the gift of care, comfort and quality of life. Please donate today.